St. Charles, IL

St. Charles, IL

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

5th of July Outing

Our 4th of July kinda got rained out. Bummer  :(   But we totally made up for it with a fun-filled day after. First hiking over 5 miles in RMNP, followed by a lovely drive up Old Fall River Road to the top. Our kids were not sure if they wanted to go the full distance to see Ouzel Falls at the end but we made it and it was awesome! (I love waterfalls. Wish I could visit more.)  The trail followed the river so we saw many other falls on the way up. What a fun day it was being in the mountain forest with my family.



This one was Cascade Falls.


Ouzel Falls - you can see people on the top of the rocks on the left side. We did not hike up there as there really wasn't much of a trail and it wouldn't have worked with the baby pack. Guess it was more like climbing. Plus it was time to head back.


Top of the world.
I love the Trailridge Road drive, everytime I go it still 'awes' me.



1 comments:

Kassie said...

I LOVE looking at all your pictures :) Thanks again for posting them. I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting! And I'm so impressed with how good they smile for the camera! Miss you guys lots :(