St. Charles, IL

St. Charles, IL

Friday, September 3, 2010

Other August Events

Early this month Alayna decided she wanted dad to take her training wheels off. Little did she realize how difficult it would be to balance without them. The first few times out were rough, like it is for all of us. After Justin would let go she would wobble and turn the bike and fall over into the grass. She was not too happy after doing this a bunch. For about the next week we had her just try coasting down the driveway with her feet out, toes touching, to teach her how to balance. I also think it helped that she has long legs. Well I took her to the park to try and ride for her third time out and was amazed at how fast she picked it up! Literally within 3 tries (of me helping her) she was off peddling, balancing, and steering all on her own. I  had just explained how you step on the upper peddle to get started and when I was slow to catch up with her that next time, she got started all on her own and was off. My job was done. She hasn't needed help. She mastered turning too, all with out any crashes. So proud of Alayna.




Here we have a few milkshake mustaches. Some really got into it. I think Coltin started it.



Hee Hee!

I found Corbin this way and couldn't resist capturing it. Over the last month Corbin has become potty trained. I am so proud of him and can't believe we are all done with diapers! He was an easy kid to train (candy rewards helped in the process.) Now the only problem is his pants slouch or fall down all the time without that extra padding to keep them up. Who'da thought. ;)


0 comments: